I have a Bird and she sits by me when I am at my craft table. I have the "Quick-set RTVC Silicone Mold making rubber base and the catalyst. Can I cast around her or will the Fumes/Vapors hurt her? Thank you Ohh and can I use this mix for baking liquid Clay at 25 Degrees for 15 mins?
Are you working in a well ventilated room? If so then it should be okay. The room I work in pretty much has only two walls and a fan that runs 24/7 (for AC circulation) and my dogs will wander around under my feet at any time while I work with the mold materials and resins. Plus I have allergies (to the dogs by the way) so I'm sensitive to fumes and when I measure, I bring my eye down to see the level (instead of bringing it up to my eye level) and I've never had a problem with fumes. So as long as the room is fairly open and you have a fan blowing then it shouldn't be a problem. I'd say that as long as you don't have trouble breathing then your bird shouldn't either.
Yes most silicones can handle up to 395 degrees so baking clay in them is fine. Just as you are careful with fumes that might come from the clay itself, take the same care of any fumes that the silicone might give off.
Thank you!! That was what I needed to know. I do Nail Enhancements and my strange Conure loves the smell of the liquid lol I cant smell almost anything so I try to be real careful around her. I am now looking forward to the liquid cay. I think it will be lots of fun! Thank you!
You're welcome. There are some days I can smell and some I can't but I can smell most everything when it's inches from my nose so I know how you feel on that. This forum has a lot of people who are willing to help so you asked in a good place.
Why thank you, I'm adding more and more to my store as often as I can so keep an eye on it and you might find something you want. I also do non-food molds if you need a custom one too
Please, HELP!!! What I should do, if I have bad ventilated area? I'm looking for a respirator, but I don't know what type I should buy? What kind of vapors I must avoid, if I use casting materials like Slow set 7, all Clear, Flex and Performance (Urethane)?
I have allergies, I pour right at eye level (I bring my eye down to the countertop level so my mouth and nose are right there) and I don't have any problem with fumes. I would just add a couple of good fans to circulate the air and if you're really worried about fumes, you could pour under a running vent hood like what you would have over your stove. It would take running the vent hood at least as long as it takes for the pour to start to harden up. The fans on the other hand, I would have them running for at least as long as you are in the room. Unless it's possible to keep them running for longer, then I'd have them running for as long as possible - mine are the fans that are running for normal air circulation so they run 24/7.