My puppy got a curing mold off my work bench, but I thought it was knocked down when she smelled food sitting on the counter. I did not realize she must have stepped in the mold as I found some on the bottom of her paw. Its been several hours and it seems fairly hard. My vet opens in the morning and we will take her in of course, but I wanted to try to remove some before then as it will have cured even longer. Can I use alcohol or nail polish remover (rather than 100% acetone) to try to remove or break it up if she'll let me?