Hello, I have been using alumilite products for years and never ran into this problem, I am casting some picture frames and made a mold using the high strength 1 silicone. I poured about 20 molds from it and they were all perfect and easy to remove, then suddenly the resin was almost impossible to remove! the mold looks fine and was reproducing great detail before. It just seemed like it came out of nowhere. I did notice it started happening at the end of a 1 gallon bottle of resin. Also I am adding black dye to each pour but there have never been any issues before. Anyone ever experience anything like this?
Its really hard to say because their are so many variables. I'd be more than happy to dive into it with you to see what we can figure out ... let me start by asking some questions.
How big is the frame? How much resin are you pouring? Are you using any mold release like UMR? Are you preheating your mold? How long after pouring are you demolding? Are they ever left in the mold overnight to cure before demolding? How soon after pouring one do you pour the next?
This should give us a general look at your process and see if anything can be gathered. Oh and is there lots of fine detail or is there anything particular about where it stuck or did it stick all over?
I had the same issue recently with small parts (1/25 car)....shook the mold release (what ever is sold at Hobby Lobby) for about a minute as hard as I could and tried it again with o.k release......I will be using this from now on..... www.price-driscoll.com/index.html