Post by notoes on Jul 24, 2018 13:11:30 GMT -5
Or tell me what's wrong with mine? I've got a Taylor stainless steel platform LED kitchen scale that had fairly good reviews when I bought it but lately it's been very "fritz-y" and it's driving me bonkers! It worked fine until the original batteries died and I've gone through two sets of new batteries and it's still acting up. I'm measuring HS-2 and it's almost like it's possessed or something - one second the catalyst registers as 3g the next it doesn't even register! I turn it on, I turn it off, I take out the batteries, I put the batteries back in. It works for a couple seconds then goes right back to acting up. And I do mean seconds - I even timed it!
The original batteries were the cheapy, no-name kind and I put Energizers in it when I changed them so maybe I need cheapy, Dollar Tree Special batteries? I wouldn't even think of the batteries being the problem except one time I bought a small electronic in a smaller chain store (store area itself was small, not the store chain) and the lady made sure to let me know to use a cheap battery instead of a good brand because I had mentioned that the electronic was a replacement on one that stopped working soon after I put in new batteries. She said some things are built specifically to use the cheap batteries - the good batteries have too much power for them. Who would have thought?
So does anyone have any idea of if I just got a bad scale or if it's something simple like I'm using batteries with too much juice for it? I've got to be exact on the weights of the HS-2 as it is but I have to be extra careful because I'm using very small amounts - think 1oz for something the size of an address stamp. Actually one of the things I used it for today WAS a stamp I was making of my shop logo and I didn't need it to be very thick so yeah, about 1oz of HS-2 used.